Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:00 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : DM Inteface from Linux

panky

Guru

Posted: 08:22pm 29 Apr 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

For anyone interested, I have managed to interface to a DM from Linux and use Jim,s MMEdit. Should work with any MM.

I am running a Dell Inspiron 6000 with Linux Mint Cinnamon 14, VirtualBox 4.1.18 with extensions and inside that Win XP Pro, and inside that, the Silicon chip drivers and finally MMEdit 3.1.7

Have not tried MMIDE or TerraTerm yet but will keep you advised.

Anyone with more detailed questions on the configuration or setup, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Doug.

... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:33pm 29 Apr 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If MM Edit works, the other programs should work also. We are all talking to a serial port in a fairly basic way.

I failed in my attempts to get Ubuntu working but that was due to my limited experience with Wine (and too much experience with the other wine).

A detailed description of the setup would be nice to add to MM Edit's help file and also a good addition to the MM Basic library.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

panky

Guru

Posted: 10:58pm 29 Apr 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Will do Jim.

Will send you a draft to proof before I post.

Will get a copy to Hugh and CG for the library and Beginning Maximite respectively.

Cheers, Doug.

... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 06:22am 30 Apr 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

panky said   Will do Jim.

Will send you a draft to proof before I post.

Will get a copy to Hugh and CG for the library and Beginning Maximite respectively.

Cheers, Doug.

I look forward to reading what you send.
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024