Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:30 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Circuit Gizmos ’Beginning Maximite’

panky

Guru

Posted: 01:34am 17 May 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi CG,

Congrats on a great job with your Beginning Maximite manual - a ream of paper and a set of ink cartidges later, I have a hard copy

At 550 odd pages it is a monumental work and, respectfully, this is where it becomes just a bit too much to use easily day to day.

Can I offer a few suggestions to cut down the size - we use A4 page sizes here in Australia and there appears to quite large margins top bottom and sides - reduction on top, bottom and right margins could save quite a few pages.

Also, while the pics are great, they could in some instances, be reduced a little in size.

Lastly, there are quite a number of pages that have less than half a page used - I understand reasons of continuity of topic affect this choice but again, it just boosts the page count

Please don't think of this as negative criticism - it,s a great manual, just a bit big.

Regards, Doug.

PS. If you would like any editorial assistance, I would be happy to be involved.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 03:59am 17 May 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you Doug for the feedback.

I did some things already to reduce the document size. It would be close to 700 pages before that effort.

The top/bottom margins are likely because of printing on A4. The side margins are intentional so that the document can be used with a 3-ring binder without punching holes in the text of the page.

I will be trimming some of the photos.

The half-pages bother me too, but I prefer to keep the beginning of a topic on the top of a page. There are some pages that end up blank even though I don't want them to be blank. This appears to be a bug.

I'll keep in mind when adding to the document that printing 550 pages is a significant effort.
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 08:14am 17 May 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I printed it on A4 in landscape mode and in printer settings i choose 2 pages on 1 A4.
The fonts are smaller but still very readable.
I still want to make one double sided, that will minimize the number of pages a lot.

Microblocks. Build with logic.

kiiid

Guru

Posted: 02:13pm 17 May 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would also like to join and say that book is a job well done.
http://rittle.org

--------------

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024