Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:08 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PIC inc statements

vk4tec

Posted: 11:23pm 28 May 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello

A lot of my programming uses the include statement which defines Register Names and locations.

I am assuming it is ok to drop this include statement and define them again by hand at the beggining of the assembly.

For the purpose of training to get to know the relationship between Register name and location.

As long as you make sure you don't miss any you refer to in your program.

- Andrew -
Andrew Rich VK4TEC
www.tech-software.net

MOBI
Guru

Posted: 11:53pm 28 May 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  I am assuming it is ok to drop this include statement and define them again by hand at the beginning of the assembly

That's right. You can omit the include (definitions) file but you will be stuck with either just using register numbers or defining your own. Frankly, I'd continue to use the include files unless your programmes are pretty small.

When I first started assembly with my own software, I did everything with my own in-programme definitions. It made the programme so much shorter and easier to read after I built in the Include function.

David M.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024