Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:25 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Minature Arduino with WIFI $20

Ray B

Posted: 07:55pm 04 Jun 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Something to watch develop in microcontrol....
Arduino clones out of China now cost about $15 delivered. Just found this video demo on the new release of the RFduino which is the size of a thumbnail with all of the smarts developed to control from your smartphone using bluetooth.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1608192864/rfduino-iphon e-bluetooth-40-arduino-compatible-boa

Specs:
The RFduino has Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy built-in, which enables it to wirelessly talk to any smartphone that has Bluetooth 4.0.

Currently we have several open source apps built for the iPhone which were used in our demos. Open source Android apps are next.

The RFduino has a Nordic 32 bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor, so it has more power then the UNO, however it still runs the same, simple Arduino code the UNO runs, so there is no need to learn any new programming language or environment. Your standard Arduino sketches run on the RFduino.

The RFduino GPIO lines all support, Digital IO, Analog ADC, SPI, I2C, UART and PWM. There are 7 GPIO and fully software selectable and can be remapped as you wish.

The RFduino is similar to the Arduino UNO or DUE, except the RFduino is a fraction of the cost and size, in addition has wireless smartphone connectivity built-in!

Up to now, adding wireless to an Arduino required an additional wireless shield which adds cost and size. The RFduino has wireless built-in, so there is no need for an additional wireless shield.

The ultra small, finger-tip size board shown in video cover picture above has been put into an easy to use DIP form factor with 0.100" (2.54mm) pins, so it easily plugs directly into your solderless breadboards.

Enjoy
RayB from Perth WA

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 08:24pm 04 Jun 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Interesting.

I tried to find schematics etc for the various boards including the actual RFduino but failed :( so if anyone spots them please post :)

John

Ray B

Posted: 09:34pm 04 Jun 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm sure a few pirates in China would also like the schematics & PCB layouts
RayB from Perth WA

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 04:31am 05 Jun 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Seems to be open hardware without openness.

Don't see the pirate relevance!

John

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024