Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:28 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM Edit Preferances and Win8?

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:47pm 11 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all.

I found MM Edit, and like it much.

One thing I have noticed, and this may be a Windows 8 issue, is that the Preferances are not being remembered.

If I tick START WITH NEW FILE, then click SAVE, then EXIT, then close MM Edit and restart, the last file keeps getting loaded back in again.

If I set the font to 3 in the Preferences in the same way as above, when you restart MM Edit, it keeps resetting the font size to Medium, and in the case of the font setting, when you go back into Preferances, the font size is 1 again - it does not stay at 3 no matter what.

Also have to manually turn of LF markers and dots for spaces every time I load MM Edit, as it is not remembering these settings either.

Is it just me and/or not being Win8 compatible perhaps?

EDIT: OK, I rebooted computer, and now it seems to be remembering what I select with the tickboxes in Preferances. MM Edit now starts with a blank page, and no LR or dots for spaces. However font problem is still there. No big deal, I can select biggest font size when I load the code file I guess.Edited by Grogster 2013-07-13
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:15pm 11 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The font problem is not a Window 8 problem, it also occurs on W7.
Something for me to fix...

If you remove the "always start with these settings:" option and set things to suit your working style, the settings last used including the font size ARE remembered between sessions.
You can do this but still have the "start with a new file" option selected.

Windows 8 did give me a few problems but I think the latest version of MMEdit (3.3.6) solved most of them. There may be a few security issues to raise their ugly head and prove me wrong.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:08pm 11 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Okey dokey, I will try that.

I sent you some beer money.

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 10:23pm 11 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have uploaded V3.3.7 which should have fixed the font size problem.

You can either download the full program from my website or simply replace MMedit.tkn in the program folder with the one in the attached zip.

2013-07-12_082302_MMedit.zip

Time to go and have that beer.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:11am 12 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TassyJim said  If you remove the "always start with these settings:" option and set things to suit your working style, the settings last used including the font size ARE remembered between sessions. You can do this but still have the "start with a new file" option selected.

Yes, that worked fine on 3.3.6

I will download the new version anyway.

F@#&ing great little program!

Colour syntax and all - great!

I will be using this more often from now, and just upload and test the program on the actual MM. This should also totally bypass my keyboard problems I was having. At least during code development anyway.

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 02:01am 12 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ditto on the Beer Money...!! Great Work..!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024