Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:49 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : 26 pin header to BB breakout

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 12:22am 12 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'Day Guy's,

To date I haven't seen a BB(breadboard breakout) available so if one was made how would other MM users feel about it?

Just Think bring out 24 pins as 4 grounds isn't really needed and have the flexibility to design circuits on a BB instead of a sea of holes on some boards.

I have come up with a simple design and would like feedback so feel free to comment.

Regards Bryan

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 04:35am 12 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Like this? (CGMMSTICK fits on the board)

Or this? ("Tester" can be used as adapter.)

Edited by CircuitGizmos 2013-07-13
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 01:12pm 12 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bryan,

Of course as Rob showed above, Don's Test-A-Mite can do that by using the 30 pin header with straight pins down will be able to plug into a breadboard and a cable to the (MALE) 26pin header of your `Mite (The unpopulated one in CG's Pic above). It is part of the versatility of the board that has not been much utilised/promoted.

Or you could also use Don's DonDuino Cross as a mini prototype board with a 12x12 `sea of holes' It also has an `Arduino' -Sorry Vasi- type header for access via short link wires to all pins on the 26pin headers (not suitable for breadboard though)..

Regards,

MickEdited by bigmik 2013-07-13
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

vasi

Guru

Posted: 03:02pm 12 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said  ... It also has an `Arduino' -Sorry Vasi- type header for access via short link wires ...
Mick

He he, I'm not against it. (against 'mite to have it).Edited by vasi 2013-07-14
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 09:56pm 12 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mick,
As soon as I read your post I reached across and grabbed the 'test-a-mite' Don sent me and it's been sitting there under my nose for all this time. So for me why bother re-inventing the wheel when under my nose IS the thing I need.

Well sometimes one can't see the wood for the trees and it takes a comment from a black beer(YUK) drinker to guide a guy to see the wood.

Anyway talked to my plumber mate today and he did get that annealed copper pipe for me ($120 for a 18 metre coil) so when I get it I'll be straight on to making the condenser coil for my reflux still. I may just have to brew a stout and put it thru the still(watered down to under 40% too) and this may change my hatred of black beer.........

Cheers Bryan

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 07:49pm 13 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guy's,
Well with my trusty test-a-mite I headed up to the shed to get soldering and start playing only to find I was out of single row male connectors. anyway a quick visit to Don's web shop and 10 off of 30 pin male and the same of 30 pin right angle are on the way. I do have the gerber and drill files for the board I designed so might have to make it on my cnc as the first test bunny on doing an isolated pcb layout.

Cheers Bryan

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 04:46pm 14 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good eve Gent's

http://www.elecfreaks.com

Also makes a converter that goes from the MM header to the vector board using just a ribbon cable. It's just a PCB that gets the spacing to match the .300 needed. Works great..!!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024