Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:01 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM BYOSOH version

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 11:06am 16 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just a little update of my work being done with the 'Blox'.
I am wrapping up the MCU module and also the carrier board that has all the Color Maximite specific stuff.
The result sofar is this.
Top view:

The large red part is the 'MCU32MX795 Blox module'. It measure 28x26mm.
It has the PIC32, 8Mhz crystal and the decoupling capacitors. All pins are arranged according to their functions (which in case of a Color maximite is not really necessary but for other uses very convenient.)

On the right is the main TZ_BUS. It has two I2c busses and a SPI bus. Also 3.3v,5v and GND. This bus is meant to be used to communicate with other 'Blox'.

On the left are the Maximite Pins 1 to 20 minus PIN12 and PIN13 because they are already used and reserved for the bus.

The red connector left lower corner is the ICSP connector. Next to it is a 3.3v regulator and more to the right is a mini USB type B connector with a jumper to select USB power.

On the top from left to right: 2x PWM or when jumpers are placed that signal goes to the SOUND (Yellow),right below that is the CAN connection, 2 leds for power and sd activity, the black on the top is KEYBOARD, the blue is VGA, then the blacks are BOOT, COMPOSITE VIDEO, Battery for the RTC and finally the white one is the connector for the Color Maximites COM2 port.

All those pins extending up are on a 0.1" grid offset by 0.05" to prevent conflict with the ones that are on the bottom. Connectors can be placed or wires can be soldered. Another option is to plug another small PCB on top with all the connectors on it like the 15 pin VGA, stereo 3.5mm jack for sound, PS/2 or USB A for keyboard.

Size of the board is 40x48mm. Smallest Color Maximite ever. :)
Inspired by the Mini-Maximite.
This is the BYOSOH version. (Bring Your Own Sea Of Holes)

Bottom view:

On this side all the parts needed for sound, vga, RTC. Also a microsd card reader.
The green connector is the TZ_Bus. The large white one are the Maximite PINS.
It plugs into a double breadboard or you can solder some female connectors on a piece of vero board, strip board.

Schematics are here: CMM32MX795 Color Maximite Clone BYOSOH versionEdited by TZAdvantage 2013-07-17
Microblocks. Build with logic.

TinkersALot

Posted: 05:31pm 16 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

nice design. there are some exciting innovations being shown on this board. that is for sure.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024