Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:23 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Is CircuitGizmos still in business?

Page 1 of 2    
mbramwel

Posted: 11:11am 26 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hello? hello?

Checked EVERY page on their website. No contact information anywhere. They don't want to be found??

Ordered something from them via paypal. Trying to get an email response for 3 weeks. Nothing.

In contrast, I order something from Dontronics AFTER I ordered from CG. The Dontronics stuff arrived 2 weeks ago (across the planet in only a week).

I assume CG is in the US.

Should I reverse the paypal or is this normal? I am concerned because of the 45 dispute policy with Paypal (nothing arrived today which means I check again next week).

Are there any other vendors that sell an assembled Color Maximite?

BobD

Guru

Posted: 11:20am 26 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, he does seem to be making it difficult to do business with him. Here is what you are after:
Enjoy poking around the website. If you have any questions, please be inspired to send an email to "gizmo2009" here at CircuitGizmos.com.

It is down the bottom of the first page. It took me days to find it. I was going to buy a CGCOLORMAX but it got too hard.

donmck

Guru

Posted: 01:50pm 26 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rob is in the US and I have been dealing with him for about 15+ years now I would think.

I have a feeling something has gone astray. I had a spam filter problem with his email about 6 months ago.

You should be able to get him at:
severson AT usbmicro.com

I'll also direct him to this thread.

Cheers Don...
https://www.32v8.com/d

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 02:09pm 26 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks, Don.

mbramwel: I have no idea who you are. If your email is being trapped, I still have no idea who you are.

I check my spam filters (I get a lot of spam thanks to people having infected machines) on the weekends.

gizmo2009@CircuitGizmos.com I get email daily. Email address is on my HOME PAGE.

Also can be reached through PM here.

The only difficulty I have had lately is that shipments to Germany have been caught in German Customs/Import. Nothing I can do about that but wait.

BobD: What would you suggest to make it easier?
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

johnbig

Posted: 03:52pm 26 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guys,
I've bought heaps of gear off Circuit Gizmos and never had any trouble. Just a couple of weeks wait for the mail. The Colour Maximite, the colormax connector kit plus the colormax box is the best value Colour Maximite there is.
Thank you Circuit Gizmos.

John Leate

mbramwel

Posted: 05:02pm 26 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am in Canada. I use my real name here.

1. If my order is lost, it means the Circuit Gizmos Ordering System notification is busted;

2. it means Paypal payment confirmation email is being blocked (although I am sure the Paypal webpage shows payment from someone for something);

3. it also means my personal emails asking whats going on (with the paypal confirmation details included in the messages) are also being blocked.

That is 3 independent system failures!

Should I cancel the order and try again?

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 02:39am 27 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I searched for "bramwell" back greater than 2 weeks and found an order that I had sent to my shipper on the 9th. I would assume that this is the order that you are asking about. This order was processed normally.

I have yet to miss any emails from PayPal.

I have received no personal emails in the past 2 weeks from you either through my regular email or even in the spam folder. How Many emails did you send and on what dates were they sent? Please resend all of the emails that you sent. You can combine them and send them as a PM here.

I've received no PM from you. I'm sure that PM here still works.

If there is a delay between the 9th and now it is out of my hands. There are times the Canadian Customs/Import seems to sit on packages. I'm not in charge of that office.

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 02:42am 27 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

johnbig said   Hi Guys,
I've bought heaps of gear off Circuit Gizmos and never had any trouble. Just a couple of weeks wait for the mail. The Colour Maximite, the colormax connector kit plus the colormax box is the best value Colour Maximite there is.
Thank you Circuit Gizmos.

John Leate

Thank you John. I appreciate your kind words.

mbramwel

Posted: 08:52am 27 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the response. It has restored my faith that something is happening.

Lets assume it is a NAFTA failure.

I just ordered another color max as well as a CG stick+I/O board from your website.

maik

Posted: 01:22am 09 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've ordered the CGCOLORMAX2 on August, 23 this year and payed using Paypal. I did not get any order confirmation e-mail or something similar.

I've sent e-mails to gizmo2009@CircuitGizmos.com and to severson AT usbmicro.com, but I never got a response.

Is there any way I can find out what the status of my order is?

Best,
Maik

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 07:08am 09 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I sent to contact@maik-schmidt.de but didn't get a reply. I require an order verification in order to minimize fraud. I'll take contacting me this way rather than through email as a confirmation.

maik

Posted: 08:36am 09 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've found your message deep down in my spam folder and I've replied two minutes ago.

Best,
Maik

Lopezjm2001

Posted: 12:00am 18 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi CircuitGizmos ,

I have just ordered a CGCOLORMAX2 yesterday from your website and paid by Paypal. It would be nice your website sent a automatic order verification email which I am still waiting on.

After reading this thread I am a bit worried.

Thanks,

John LopezEdited by Lopezjm2001 2013-09-19
Lopez

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 04:30am 18 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry, John. It isn't an automated process. It is manual. I have to push the email out.

I received your order and it will be shipped today.

Lopezjm2001

Posted: 10:44pm 18 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CircuitGizmos said   Sorry, John. It isn't an automated process. It is manual. I have to push the email out.
I received your order and it will be shipped today.

Thanks, have you considered listing your CGcolormax2 on EBay. Considering your only competitor is the colour maximite kit which needs to be built and sells for around $99 on Ebay, your product is way out in front for value for money. Even if you added EBay fees to the listing price it is still a good deal.Edited by Lopezjm2001 2013-09-20
Lopez

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 05:16am 19 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks. I have considered it and may set up a shop in the near future.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 02:20pm 23 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just my 2c here - I have ordered a couple of CGCMM's - the CMM1 and the CMM2. Both of which arrived in due course, and I had no problems at all with the ordering, and CG communication over the orders seemed very good, IMHO. I think, from memory, I got emails and PM'ed here on the forums of the dispatch of the orders.

The one hurdle, is the confirmation email - you need to reply to this, to confirm the order with CG, and this seems to be getting treated as spam by some email filters. Personally, I think that is a perfectly acceptable way to do things, "to prevent fraud" as CG put it, and no doubt it works in that regard.

We all hate spam - I get heaps of the bloody stuff, but the best way to deal with it, is to NOT let it mount up - check and then clear your spam folder every day. YES it is a pain in the bum that you should have to spend your time dealing with the spam, but unfortunately, that is just the way it is with email these days...
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 07:00am 24 Sep 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the positive words, Grogster.

> The one hurdle, is the confirmation email - you need to reply to this ... "to prevent fraud" as CG put it, and no doubt it works in that regard.

It does. There are too many stolen credit card numbers and confirming with a real human has helped greatly.

tj-hm

Posted: 01:22pm 20 Dec 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,
I have same problems with my order at "GIZMO". Order made on Nov. 26, 2013. Pay by PayPal. No answer and no confirmation! Next mail to GIZMO at Dec. 05. NOTHING! Next email at Dec. 12: "if no answer within 7 days I will cancel the payment". Answer at Dec. 13th, "Your order information was sent to my shipper to send on December 2nd." This is not enough!!

What to do now? Who can help me? Between Dec. 26 and 31 I will cancel at PayPal!

Thanks a lot for possible help.

Thomas from Hamelin, Germany

donmck

Guru

Posted: 03:14pm 20 Dec 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

tj-hm said   Hi,
I have same problems with my order at "GIZMO". Order made on Nov. 26, 2013. Pay by PayPal. No answer and no confirmation! Next mail to GIZMO at Dec. 05. NOTHING! Next email at Dec. 12: "if no answer within 7 days I will cancel the payment". Answer at Dec. 13th, "Your order information was sent to my shipper to send on December 2nd." This is not enough!!

What to do now? Who can help me? Between Dec. 26 and 31 I will cancel at PayPal!

Thanks a lot for possible help.

Thomas from Hamelin, Germany

just sent an email to Rob using the email address I have used for 15+ years.
I directed him to this thread.
Hopefully he will respond quickly.

Cheers Don...

https://www.32v8.com/d

Page 1 of 2    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024