Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:03 30 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Self adhesive front panel decals

trippyben

Posted: 08:23pm 24 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all, now that PCB's can be ordered on-line out of china (or wherever) for excellent value at reasonable quality for small runs - does any one have a decal manufacturer they have experience with that have the same on-line presence and value for money?

Thanks
Ben

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 11:41pm 24 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I searched for that but ow my decal manufacturer is my inkjet printer.
I use sublimation inks and a polymer on an aluminum frontplate.
Then just use heat (with a special machine or when small an iron is enough) to transfer it. Works great and is scratch and waterproof.
Only thing i don't like is that sometimes the colors can be a little dark, you need to experiment a lot to get the right 'brightness' increase of the picture you want to print/transfer.

Microblocks. Build with logic.

palcal

Guru

Posted: 12:33am 25 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have not tried this yet, but you can buy a special transfer paper that you put in your printer and when printed is the same as the water slide transfers I remember from long ago. Have a look at http://www.decalpaper.com.au/products/inkjet-decal/clear/
Paul.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 01:17am 25 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I guess it all depends on the quantities you have to make.
I remember a thread here that used laminated prints with good success.

Can you give an example of what size and quantities you need.
Full color or is pad printing (can be 1-6 colors, put is not good for things like pictures) also a solution.
I might be able to find something here in Thailand that can do that kind of job.
But i need more info to get a quote from them and even if they can do it.

Edited by TZAdvantage 2013-10-26
Microblocks. Build with logic.

trippyben

Posted: 12:19pm 25 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Selfies aren't an option.

Usually do in batches of 50, 138x76mm, clear window for LCD 65x35. 3 colours.

I currently get them done locally, quality is OK. I have a new one to add to the mix, doesn't hurt to shop around.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024