Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:11 30 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MakerSpace in Bangkok

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 03:20am 31 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am preparing to open a MakerSpace in Bangkok.
It will open around late december beginning of Januari.
We start with some equipment and would like to add more.
At the moment we have a Ultimaker 3d printer, Filastruder,
Sieg C4 lathe, lasercutter, Rigol Oscilloscope, solderstation,
hot air station, logic analyzer, 2 one color pad printers,
vinyl cutter, heat transfer press for t-shirts, hats, mugs etc.

For the MakerSpace electronics group i would like to invite manufacturers/retailers of equipment and kits to make their offers known.

I want to make the Maximite line one of the main products to get people acquainted with microcontrollers and embedded systems. Other mcu systems are also going to be used and also the arduino line.
I think about buying around 10-20 kits/assembled systems so if you have a good deal, please let it be known.

Old parts and overstock for low prices are also welcome. But keep in mind that we are in Bangkok, so the value must be good when shipping is accounted for.

Sponserships are very welcome and it can come in all sizes, shapes and levels.
A meetup is made and is open for memberships. Bangkok MakerSpace

I specifically named it a MakerSpace because its focus will be on making things. "Hacking" in the MakerSpace context is modifying existing hardware and open source software, never the negative meaning.

If members of TheBackShed are visiting Bangkok you are invited to visit us once open.
Any advise and experiences you have with your local hacker/MakerSpace would be invaluable information.
So please share your thoughts what a good MakerSpace should in your opinion provide.

Thanks for reading this.
Jean

Edited by TZAdvantage 2013-11-01
Microblocks. Build with logic.

marcwolf

Posted: 06:35pm 31 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sounds a great idea. Hopefully it will still be going when I retire :) (thinking of Thailand as a destination)
Coding Coding Coding..
Keep those keyboards coding..
RAW CODE!!!!!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024