Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:57 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : banggood.com

BobD

Guru

Posted: 12:53am 18 Jan 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I got an email yesterday that ended up in the Gmail spam trap. The subject was "Express your love on Valentine's Day". I ignored it until I had some time to spare. Anyway it turned out to be another website along the lines of DealeXtreme. I had never heard of them so they must have got my mail address from an eBay member or DealeXtreme or ...

I had a good look around and some of their prices are not too bad but like all of them you have to be careful with some of their prices.

Has anyone dealt with them? Any problems?

I forgot to put in their web site http://www.banggood.com/ Edited by BobD 2014-01-19

elproducts

Posted: 04:57am 18 Jan 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've bought a few electronic boards from them.
Shipping took forever to USA but what did I expect for Free.
Quality was decent.
www.elproducts.com

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 11:58am 18 Jan 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bob,

I can also attest to them being `fairly' legit.. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them and have not missed out on anything... I suspect that these chinese sites have `spies' in other companies that sell email addresses to them..

Delivery from MOST of the chinese sites is generally in the range of 4-6 weeks and I have to admit lost packages are fairly rare (I reckon I have lost 2 in well over a 100 orders). Most accept paypal which gives `some' protection if things go awry and most are free freight, although on a `slow boat from China'.

Sites I like are:

Dx.com
Banggood.com
Bestofferbuy.com
priceangels.com
ioffer.com
DHGate.com (not accepting paypal)
lightinthebox.com (carefully check freight costs)

Regards,

Mick

Edited by bigmik 2014-01-19
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

BobD

Guru

Posted: 12:25pm 18 Jan 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Chuck and Mick. I like to check on these places (if possible) before committing my money. I know PayPal has dispute resolution etc. but it is not perfect and it can be the path to aggro.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 04:04pm 18 Jan 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bob,

I agree with you, PAYPAL is a waste of time on small dollar items.. especially if the item is faulty or fake and the seller wont come to the party

I bought a `2GB' flash drive many years ago for $51 plus $10 postage total $61...

When it arrived I discovered that whilst it reported to be 2GB it was in fact only 256MB and it crashed when it hit the 256MB barrier.. I bought off ebay from a seller who had 16000+ positive ratings and when I tried to contact them they had folded and were not contactable.

OK with Paypal first the freight wasnt covered ... Ok $51 is fine
Then they wanted $25 of the $51 if THEY were successful in getting the funds back from the seller... This leaves me with $26

HUH!! Assuming he did a runner what happens if they didnt get the funds back??

Then I had to send it back WITH TRACKING to an address they sent me...
OK looked on the Auspost site and whilst a bit vague it looked as though international post inc tracking was going to cost at least $20 (my expense not paypals) which would leave me with $6 or less from my $61 purchase (IF they could force a refund from the seller).

I figured a 256MB stick for $61 was better than losing $55 flat.

I think paypal are a bit better these days but they have some time limit to make the claim which often is shorter than the time it would take to get here from China..

I figure that the cost is so minimal for most of these items that I wear the loss if I am unhappy or they get lost

I bought 2 `laptop' power supplies (stupidly, they were about $10 ea) and when they arrived one had broken open and the other cracked open with minor effort and were totally unsuitable so they are in my `scrap bin' incase I need a connector or a diode or something... I would never use it ...

Regards,

Mick

Edited by bigmik 2014-01-20
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024