Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:16 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Micromite Beta 6

Page 9 of 9    
Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:00pm 23 Feb 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Inevitably, things like this end up design by committee to some extent, with everyone wanting their own favourite bit in, and things they think are useless dropped.

Hell - I did it myself, most recently suggesting dropping PEEK and POKE.

Before you know it, the idea has radically changed from the original, and the actual way forward has become clear as mud!

However, as BobD said - Geoff is pretty proactive at gently dismissing things he does not think are worth doing etc, and that is why it is really still his project - he still holds the reins.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 09:27pm 23 Feb 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Geoff is doing a fine job and has picked up some ideas from the forum.
Only he knows what fits the product and i am more than happy with the choices made.

I run a MakerSpace and we have a "do'ocracy" meaning that instead of suggesting what has to be done and take a vote, you do it yourself and see if others join. Works great. Once more people have a vote in something it tends to slow down progress and the end product is often delayed and less quality while creating unhappy people because their suggestion was not incorporated.

The uMite has lots of features, i am amazed that it all fits.
Thanks for a great product!

Microblocks. Build with logic.

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 09:43pm 23 Feb 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TZAdvantage,

Totally agree with every word you say!

Yes, it is good to get opinions to help steer a design, but people shouldn't try to dictate somebody else's design purely to tailor it to meet their own requirements.

The MicroMite has already proven to promote creativity - long may that continue!

For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 05:27am 23 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What ever became of this thread? What was the decision regarding support for an RF TxRx module?

It is old but I don't seem to be able to find any update on the forum.

anyone?

Page 9 of 9    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024