Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:19 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Android app for serial over bluetooth

Page 2 of 2    
Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 03:36pm 05 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Do you need a data inverter in the mix anywhere, or has that been taken care of?
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

vasi

Guru

Posted: 08:24am 06 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The only issue I can think of, maybe your module is not set to work at 9600. There must be some commands to set it at a desired baudrate. Look for that first...

@Grogster, no need of inverters for such boards. Those are designed for direct connection to the Arduino/microcontroller RX/TX pins. Edited by vasi 2014-10-07
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Raros

Posted: 12:06pm 06 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello

A few years ago I used to change the connection speed of the BlueTooth module "rbt-001", the program SimplyBlueCommander. I do not know if it is still valid and if it is suitable for you. Try it.

2014-10-06_220010_SimplyBlueCommander_v1.6.0.1_x_EBT.zip

2014-10-06_220103_easybt_examples.zip

2014-10-06_220539_rbt-001_Manual.part1.zip

2014-10-06_220604_rbt-001_Manual.part2.zip

Raros

Synergetic

Posted: 04:02pm 06 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

vasi said   The only issue I can think of, maybe your module is not set to work at 9600. There must be some commands to set it at a desired baudrate. Look for that first...

@Grogster, no need of inverters for such boards. Those are designed for direct connection to the Arduino/microcontroller RX/TX pins.

It sends data from the Duinomite to the terminal/PC or Android just fine at the default 9600bps. If i change the speed at the duinomite side then only get garbled at the terminal as one would expect.

That the duinomite is transmiting data to the terminal correctly seem to indicate that the speed is not the issue.... at 9600bps.

(unless somehow TX and RX can be set at differing speeds???? .. Can NOT see how ? )

( the speed is reported in the PC drivers when you pair to the BT HC-06 Module also and is shown as 9600,8,N,1,N in the properties for the BT Serial link Com port Driver so i conclude that this should be the same default on the TTL side of the BT module ??? )

The fact the PC pairs and connects OK to the BT Module at 9600 would seem to indicate the PC/terminal is sending data correctly to the bluetooth module OK also..?? ...right ?

The only conclusion can arrive at is there is problem on the TTL side for the bluetooth module that is affecting the data signals on the receive side to the duinomite (transmit data from duinomite is OK ) ( receive data is garbeled) Data from terminal/PC arrives but is garbled on the Duinomite) Have tried each of the com ports on the duinomite and have tried more than one BT module ( ordered 5 pcs) All behave the same no matter what have tried... connect OK send data from Duino to PC/terminal is fine BUT the received data on Duino from PC/Terminal keyboard is garbled.
Running out of things to try !!!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 04:21pm 06 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Can you connect the module to a USB to TTL converter and check the output with a PC.
I am pretty sure it will be OK but it should be checked.
If possible, with the same USB to TTL converter use its Rx side to monitor the data to and from the Duino (not both at the same time).
A CRO to check the speeds would be usefull.

I didn't have any problems with the HC-06 or HC-05 modules so I don't have any more suggestions.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Synergetic

Posted: 09:52pm 06 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

vasi said   The only issue I can think of, maybe your module is not set to work at 9600. There must be some commands to set it at a desired baudrate. Look for that first...

@Grogster, no need of inverters for such boards. Those are designed for direct connection to the Arduino/microcontroller RX/TX pins.

Found a Serial terminal that allow to send in HEX..

So after MUCH hex data byte sending ......

the diagnosis is data is only being received if it contains zero follow by two ones (011) in the data byte eg the MSB DATA Nibble is either 3 (0011) 6 (0110), 7 (0111), B (1011). So my guess now is the Duinomite serial RX is looking for two stop bytes!! ( or the speed is really screwed on the RX clock of duino)

...hhhmmmmm....

Synergetic

Posted: 12:23am 07 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TassyJim said   Can you connect the module to a USB to TTL converter and check the output with a PC.
I am pretty sure it will be OK but it should be checked.
If possible, with the same USB to TTL converter use its Rx side to monitor the data to and from the Duino (not both at the same time).
A CRO to check the speeds would be usefull.

I didn't have any problems with the HC-06 or HC-05 modules so I don't have any more suggestions.

Jim

Good suggestion but do not have USB to TTL serial device here, only USB<->RS232 levels..

Synergetic

Posted: 08:07pm 07 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Synergetic said  

the diagnosis is data is only being received if it contains zero follow by two ones (011) in the data byte eg the MSB DATA Nibble is either 3 (0011) 6 (0110), 7 (0111), B (1011). So my guess now is the Duinomite serial RX is looking for two stop bytes!! ( or the speed is really screwed on the RX clock of duino)

...hhhmmmmm....

Seems the CABLEs supplied WITH the BT module are TOOOO LONGGGG
and getting cross talk and/or distortion of the RX Data stream !!!!

Synergetic

Posted: 08:14pm 07 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Synergetic said  
  Synergetic said  

...hhhmmmmm....

The cables are about 8" (20cm) long.. One would not have thought that would NOT be an issue. Will after all that is why RS232 is +/-12v levels and NOT TTL
normally

Synergetic

Posted: 08:34pm 07 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The cables are about 8" (20cm) long.. One would have thought that would NOT be an issue. Will after all that is why RS232 is +/-12v levels and NOT TTL
normally for ANY distance.

Now have it working on the MiniMaxiMite but still not on Duinomite Mega.
Separating the wires physically by "splitting" the RX and TX from each other was enough to get it going on MiniMXM.

>> UPDATE:
BT Module is now working fine on DuinoMite COM4 but receive data is still corrupted if installed on COM3 of DuinoMite Mega.

...hhmmmmm

This maybe a a MMbasice bug that was supposed to be fixed in Ver4.5 but I have updated my Duinomite to 4.5 and the BT module still fails on COM3 but works fine on COM4.

Edited by Synergetic 2014-10-09

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024