Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:57 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : mikromedia for pic 32

trippyben

Posted: 08:54pm 31 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyone had any experience with these things:

mikromedia pic32

Specifically the daylight visibility of the TFT?

Cheers
Ben

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 05:35pm 03 Jun 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good evening Ben..!

No, I have 0 experience with them, but I plan on ordering one soon and getting started with it... Vasi was talking of the mikromedia compilers in another thread and I also saw the modules too. If the libraries are as good as touted, and the tool chains are as good as Vasi says, then I think I'm sold... I still want to find a hardware platform to create several projects based on touch panel displays... I know there is the TFT Maximite as well, (I have a prototype running here) but the UI objects are few and clumsy in comparison to this device or some of the stuff from 4-D Systems... BUT, it all comes down to final cost... Some of the apps I can use the TFT MM for because the app would be simple enough to use the current set of UI objects that are built in... The cost is very good.!! For more complicated apps, I think the $100 mikromedia "ready to go" module would foot the bill... Then there is the 7" 4-D touch panel I want to use for the EIS project... (nice).. But, hey, in the end, it's all about the cost of hardware, and the time it takes to churn out the code... I think after Geoff has some time to get up to speed on the "MZ" class PIC hardware, maybe we could expand the internal UI objects for the TFT MM, and maybe look at some bigger displays to attach... I do like the unit you are looking at..!! As soon as I get done with this next PCB design, (44pinner LCD board), might have to follow you down this road... Edited by Zonker 2014-06-05

trippyben

Posted: 08:42pm 03 Jun 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I jumped in and ordered one - I guess we'll see how it goes.

For my applications the colour LCD is a bit of an overkill, but for the price it was hard to go past. Beats drawing up my own for only a couple of units and all of the ancillary stuff I need (and a bit more) is already there.

I haven't bought the Mikromedia compiler key, I was planning on using the Microchip stuff, hopefully Harmony has something useful in it.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024