Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:56 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : You Probably Already Knew This ...

hitsware
Guru

Posted: 03:44pm 08 Sep 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

But new to me !

Really helps not to have to hassle
with their cable .
( I bought one, and if it would have
worked right, I'd be using it )

Edited by hitsware 2014-09-10

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:21pm 08 Sep 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

RevEd made no secret of the specs of their cable - I assume you are talking about AXE027 USB programming cable.

I have used a few USB cables to program PICAXE chips, including the common PL2303 one.
The key thing is that the USB adaptor has to be able to output a special signal that the system uses in programming over USB - native serial ports are no problems, but only some USB-Serial adaptors have the required signal. This is primarily why RevEd started selling their own cable, which was guaranteed to output the correct signals.

I have a couple of AXE027 cables, and I never had any issues getting them going.
I do seem to remember that you did have to install a RevEd USB driver for the cable - that might be your problem if you happen to be using Linux, which it seems you are by the pathname, as the RevEd driver will be a Windoze driver, not a Linux one.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024