Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:03 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : E-test - what actually is it?

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:13am 09 Sep 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've wondered about this when I order from Itead Studio.
One of the options is E-test, and you can have None, 50% or 100%.
Selecting this does not seem to alter the final price one iota, so I always select 100%.

I am ASSUMING that this is an electronic continuity test of all the etched tracks once the board is finished - would that be correct, or does it actually mean something else?
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

palcal

Guru

Posted: 11:21am 09 Sep 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I assumed the same as you did. Maybe 50% is only checking one side, but why on earth would anyone only want to check 50% when it doesn't seem to cost anything.
Maybe send them an email, they seem to be an obliging lot from my dealings with them.
Paul
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:50am 09 Sep 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, good advise, Paul - I might just do that.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 04:07pm 09 Sep 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogs,

Its not worth a bag of Politician's promises (certainly Chinese Fabs).

I remember reading somewhere about e-Test and its explanation and it doesn't mean what we would think and it has different meanings from Company to Company.

For example it `may' test that plated holes are fully plated, it `may' test track connectivity, it `may' test track isolation from other tracks, it `may' check everything, it `may' check nothing.

I would have thought that it meant full test of tracks going to where they should + tracks not shorted to others + plated holes fully plated.. but the article I read stated basically what I mentioned above.. I was a bit surprised as it makes a mockery out of the term e-test.

I will try to find that article.

Mick

Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024