Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:04 16 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MMBasic for Android???

Synergetic

Posted: 02:40am 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is there any port of MMbasic that could run on Android ?

Android and Maximite / MicroMite can make a complete
system at low cost and not need VGA or PS2 ....

The Android MMbasic would handle all the presentation layer
and keyboard / touch screen interaction, also acting as the CONSOLE device
while the PIC32.. "xMite" Mbasic's handle all the real world interface devices ...

Portable Maximite to GO ... without cumbersome VGA screen and PS/2 keyboard :)

twofingers
Guru

Posted: 04:07am 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't expect a conversion to andoid. The nearest approach seems imho to be the TFT-Maximite (5" Touchscreen LCD).

Michael

Oldbitcollector

Posted: 07:00am 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Why not tie one of those inexpensive bluetooth adapters to your Micromite/Mup console serial connection? Open a copy of Bluetooth Terminal on your Android and you are good to go.

My Propeller/Micromite mini-computer project.

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 09:29am 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think I saw a thread about using a android "app" generator to create the GUI part and with Bluetooth radio to connect... It's a winner I think.. Good advice Oldbit...

BTW, How did you manage to get my picture..? I actually did this when I was very little.. I don't remember it, but my Dad later told me I was trying to find the electricity..!! Boy.. Did I... Sparks all around.. Maybe that's how I got hooked on all this stuff... (sweet)...

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 11:09am 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I personally like to use Basic4Android if 'developing' an Android app. But yes, it would be nice to have an Android console to interface with the MicroMite, but none have worked so far of those I have tried.

Has anyone out there had success with using an Android Terminal app (i.e. to simulate something like TeraTerm on an Android device)? If so, what exactly was the app?

Same question applies to iPad users . . . .

WW
For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 12:10pm 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have tried to find a decent VT100 terminal for Android.
The best I could find for my old phone is 'mocha telnet'
It does SSH as well as Telnet.

Because my phone is small and my eyes are old, I don't use it often.

I have done some programming in Basic!
http://www.laughton.com/basic/index.html
but have been too busy with MMEdit and micromites to do anything lately.

Jim

VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Synergetic

Posted: 01:21pm 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oldbitcollector said   Why not tie one of those inexpensive bluetooth adapters to your Micromite/Mup console serial connection? Open a copy of Bluetooth Terminal on your Android and you are good to go.

Great IDEA!! And Am doing exactly that already for programming and console access. Actually on a Mini-MaxiMite and DuinoMite Mega.

But MMBAsic on Android would be for "runtime" applications without the need for separate TFT or VGA display.

Most people already have a smart phone already!!

Synergetic

Posted: 01:30pm 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

WhiteWizzard said   I personally like to use Basic4Android if 'developing' an Android app. But yes, it would be nice to have an Android console to interface with the MicroMite, but none have worked so far of those I have tried.

Has anyone out there had success with using an Android Terminal app (i.e. to simulate something like TeraTerm on an Android device)? If so, what exactly was the app?

WW

Yes, I have had a number working on Android over BT..
But the One i find the best is SENA BTerm ..
Has very good BT Management and pull done menu's for special functions key etc for keys not on the Android keyboard ..
Try it ,is its Very awesome with MAximite ..

I have also been using Baasic for Android but Maximite on Android would be useful to make MMbasic code portable to different application displays ( assuming MMbasic on Android effectively emulated the normal Maximite display's ...

Synergetic

Posted: 01:32pm 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TassyJim said   I have tried to find a decent VT100 terminal for Android.
The best I could find for my old phone is 'mocha telnet'
It does SSH as well as Telnet.

Because my phone is small and my eyes are old, I don't use it often.

I have done some programming in Basic!
http://www.laughton.com/basic/index.html
but have been too busy with MMEdit and micromites to do anything lately.

Jim

I Use SENA Bterm on 5" Phone and Tablets with Mini-Maximite and Duinomite Mega

Try it :)

Synergetic

Posted: 01:46pm 12 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Synergetic said  
  WhiteWizzard said   I personally like to use Basic4Android if 'developing' an Android app. But yes, it would be nice to have an Android console to interface with the MicroMite, but none have worked so far of those I have tried.

WW

Has very good BT Management and pull done menu's for special functions key etc for keys not on the Android keyboard ..

I have also been using Baasic for Android but Maximite on Android would be useful to make MMbasic code portable to different application displays ( assuming MMbasic on Android effectively emulated the normal Maximite display's ...

This One I recommend for Android based BlueTooth terminal

SENA BTerm

Synergetic

Posted: 01:16pm 13 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Synergetic said  
  Synergetic said  

WW

This One I recommend for Android based BlueTooth terminal

SENA BTerm

>>> For Application input currently using BlueTooth SPP PRO app in "keyboard" mode to define 12 button touch display.
(currently defined as the 12 (F1-12) Program Function keys.

We have now done away with the PS/2 Keyboard ...
Installed bluetooth Serial ( SPP) module (HC-05) onto the Duinomite "arduino" connectors (using COM4: serial @ 9600bps) and
using ANDROID device ( Smart Phone or Tablet) as a touch screen input to MMBasic over wireless BT as the input device.

Only needed to add a couple of line of code to CANview for Duinomite.

open "com4:9600" as #4

k$ = input$(1,#4)

For Application input currently using "BlueTooth SPP Pro" app in "keyboard" mode to define 12 button touch display.
(currently defined as the 12 (F1-12) Program Function keys.

Has the potential to use the "Mobile Basic" app or other Android application languages for more sophisticated input interface such as Speech output and Voice recognition interface to DuinoMite CANVIEW

IF MMbasic code "port" was supported on Android then the code could be made
portable across Maximite and Android (VGA and PS/2 being simulated on Android)
and Inter communicate for real world I/O interfaces.

Any chance Geoff ??

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/my-duinomite-mega-canview-v4-eq uivalent-project.112429/page-24#ixzz3G4JxQxDf
Follow us: @PriusChat on Twitter | PriusChat on Facebook

rherrera72

Posted: 07:32pm 07 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Run MMBASIC DOS version

http://mmbasic.com/Download/DOS%20MMBasic.zip

on DOSBOX for Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hystudio.a ndroid.dosbox

I think could work, I run Turbo Pascal 6 and works like a charm after some minor configurations.

best regards.

P.S. I already tried and DID NOT WORK, it is says DOS but it is not, is an 32 bit character app, DOSBOX works with 8 bits, sorry, I leave the text for reference. best regards.
Edited by rherrera72 2014-11-10

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024