Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:35 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Programming a VT100.....

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 04:08am 17 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi folks.
3AM - why am I typing here and not resting the little grey cells? (rhetorical!)

When I program a virgin PIC32 with the VT100 terminal firmware - this is the hex that is the version 1.0 firmware AND the bootloader - the programming completes fine, but I can get no composite video out of it at all - not PAL, not NTSC. What I do get, is just a series of white dots on a black screen whenever serial is passed.

The LED lights once the PIC is programmed, and blinks as it should when serial is there, but there is no composite.

When I then use the bootloader and the USB update tool to program in the version 1.2 upgrade, I then have composite video output.

Is this simply a case of version 1.0 of the firmware not supporting composite and perhaps was VGA only?

It's not an issue, as with version 1.2 programmed in, I have the composite output, so everything is cool, it is just making me curious.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

cosmic frog

Posted: 04:31am 17 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

There was a bug which stopped the composite video and usb working properly in version 1.0

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:05pm 17 Oct 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ahhhhh - OK, thanks for that. At 3AM, I figured I must have done something wrong!
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024