Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:12 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : 4.5 invalid pin problem?

cwilt

Posted: 06:29am 02 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

While working on my nRF24 code I am getting "Error: Invalid pin" for no reason with an SPI function. Dug through my code and could not find a mistake then did a search here and found this issue . I assume there has been no solution for this yet?

If not then I will have to roll back to 4.4.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:53pm 02 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Not sure about your specific issue, but that thread you linked to - Geoff does chime in at the end of that thread and hint it might be a bug.

Geoff has been so busy with the MicroMite firmwares, that I am not sure when the next CMM firmware may be issued - perhaps Geoff will chime in on this thread too and say when that is likely to be.

If you are quite sure there are no errors in your code as you say, then you could roll back to 4.4 and see if the problem goes away.

If you post your problem code, others will be able to examine it and see if there is a mistake that perhaps eluded you at the time - it does happen.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

cwilt

Posted: 03:54pm 02 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I rolled back to 4.4 and the problem is gone. Hopefully Geoff will get back around to fixing the few bugs in 4.5 soon. No problem running 4.4 until then.

hitsware
Guru

Posted: 04:36pm 02 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is irrevelent to MicroMite right ?

i.e...........ColorMax stuff ?

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 05:25pm 02 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Correct - this is Colour Maximite(CMM) stuff. Also probably applies to the black-and-white Maximite too. As far as I know, this issue does not affect the Micromite chips, although to be fair, I have not actually tried it on one of those chips.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024