Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:02 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : DMbasic 4.5 File Issue

akashh

Posted: 03:24pm 06 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have my prototype perpaid water dispenser ready and I installed the Duinomite in it. While debugging which involves removing the sd and putting it in my PC, making file changes and putting it back, I noticed that the autorun.bas and the config file were not showing as updated on dmbasic. The microSD is 8 gb and fat32 formatted. I did this a couple of times with the same result, and I am attributing this (correct me if I am wrong) to the usage of a different FAT table perhaps? Deleting the file before saving it resulted in everything working fine.
Any ideas what could be the cause or if there is a fix for this?

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 07:20pm 06 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is because the firmware did not know that the card was removed and updated.

The Duinomite does not have a reliable method of detecting when the SD card is removed but I was able to incorporate a trick in MMBasic to overcome this. I forget what version this was introduced but if you upgrade to the latest version of MMBasic it should work for you.

Geoff
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

akashh

Posted: 07:22pm 06 Nov 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Geoff, thanks for the reply. However, I did power off the duinomite before removing and re-inserting the SD Card. So that would not apply, right?

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024