Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:30 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM Edit update V3.5.10

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:03pm 06 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

MMedit has had an update to Version 3.5.10

There was a bug which could cause a crash if the escape key is pressed when in VT100 mode.

For some time there have been reports of problems communicating with Maximites and VT100 terminals.
I was unable to replicate the error until recently. At first I though it was something do with Grogster's program he sent me, but I am pleased to report that that was not the problem.
At about the same time, I installed a USB hub to stop wearing out the ports on my laptop. This hub caused the Silicon Chip driver to reload and I am certain that that is when the problems started for me. I still don't know why, but since the driver reload, Connections to Maximites were very hit and miss - mainly miss.

I did three things to 'fix' the problem.

Firstly, all serial comms are now handled by a DLL file written in PureBasic. PB seemed to be much better that Liberty Basic. The DLL already handled the TCP/IP comms.

Secondly, MMedit now tries a number of times to connect. I had observed 4 failed attempts during my testing.

Thirdly, MMedit now stays connected longer. Unplugging the maximite while connected is still a bad thing to do, but the new DLL is more forgiving than the old system.

I hope that this update has fixed Grogster's problems and the problems with the VT100 terminal that were reported.

There are a few files to update so it is easier to download the full program.
My old website is still working but it's time to get used to the new web address...

http://www.users.on.net/~tassyjim/MMedit.htm

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:02pm 06 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jim.

I will download and try it out, and let you know what happens.

As always, thank you for your efforts. Doing code for the Maximite or Micromite would just not be the same without MMEdit.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024