Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:23 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Smd PCB Help Required

retepsnikrep

Posted: 09:44am 11 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dear Members.

I would like to transfer a schematic I have designed to a small surface mount pcb.

It has a very small component count. Two IC's (One 14Pin, One 16Pin), Two Caps, Seven Resistors, Two Led's and some SIL0.1" Pins

Now I know there are a lot of experienced PCB designers on here.
Perhaps someone can give me a couple of hours help in exchange for beer tokens via paypal.

I propose to use the biggest SMD parts possible so it could be hand soldered if necessary. I'm hoping it can fit onto a 40/45mm square pcb

The two ICS's are available in SOIC 3.9mm width packages. So that's a start.
Everything else sized to suit/match those. I'm not familiar with SMD nomenclature or sizes sadly.

I've designed the schematic in Proteus 8 and can provide a pdf of the design and netlist to anyone who can help.

All I would need from my helper is the pcb build files so I can send them off to our eastern friends.

Gen1 Honda Insights.

kiiid

Guru

Posted: 10:06am 11 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am keen to help you out for free. The only thing is that I only use Altium so if you are okay with that I can redraw your circuit in it and route the PCB.
http://rittle.org

--------------

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 11:47am 11 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Same here,

For a board that small a component count there wouldnt be any problems,

I use Autotrax DEX and can provide you the Gerbers (and the project file) I would do it in my spare time at work.. Cant guarantee overnight but probably a week turnaround.

Altium is definitely a better package and will probably get a better result as Dex would require manual route intervention as their auto router is way too basic, but that is not too difficult.

I would need the schematic in a clear easy to read PDF, and the Specific chips and component packages you wish to use and what size SMD you want to use.. I am not sure what sizes are available and what ones you wish/prefer to use.

As a guide I would expect you would get all of that on a 25mm square PCB easy enough maybe have to go to 30mm mostly dependent on the size of components you wish to use.

Regards,

Mick

PS headers and/or sockets for connectors?

EDIT** I mean are these SMD or through plated?

MikEdited by bigmik 2014-12-12
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:22pm 11 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I also volunteer.

Being that there are already offers on the table though, I would suggest you approach kiiid then Mick in that order - Kiiid will probably take the reins at this point, as the first member to offer.

I can supply a ZIP file with the gerbers in it, but I fully expect that kiiid can do that from his software too.(no disrespect to Mick - I am sure he can too, but I am approaching this from the first-in, first-served principle, and that puts kiiid first.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 04:56pm 11 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Can do in Eagle v5 if wanted...

retepsnikrep

Posted: 07:17pm 11 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for all the offers I have something in the pipeline now with a member.
Peter
Gen1 Honda Insights.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024