Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:05 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Warning: TFT displays using spfd5408

matherp
Guru

Posted: 04:34am 31 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

These controllers are appearing on ebay on both 2.8" and 2.4" TFT displays.
I've been working remotely to try and get a 2.4" one working owned by bigmik. I've now got a 2.8" version. Neither of them is working on the MM and I can't even get my one working on Arduino using any of the available online code that is supposed to support it. There are two versions supported by Arduino, 5408A and 5408B. I can only assume these displays use some new different variant.

If you are looking at TFT displays, for the moment I would avoid any that say spfd5408

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:14am 01 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

More info:

I've finally got my display working on Arduino. Just because the advert says it is a spfd5408 controller doesn't mean that it isn't actually an ILI9341
This of course has a completely different initialisation AND completely different pixel addressing so no wonder it doesn't work with spfd5408 drivers.

I'm 90% there implementing this for MM2 and will post in the display update thread when fully tested.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024