Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:31 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Wireless for the Nooby revisited.

Page 2 of 2    
Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 05:07pm 11 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Banda - I think you are being a LITTLE too hard on yourself.
Everyone learns at a different rate, and some people pick stuff up quicker then others - that is not a personal negative, that is LIFE!

Give yourself a little credit, Mr. Banda - you are doing fine. The important thing is that you have not given up, and are asking questions. THESE are the people who will succeed, as they don't just give up when it does not work, but they ask for help, and the reward of seeing things working at the end of it all, can be very mentally satisfying.

CASE IN POINT: I never used to do ANYTHING with I2C, and was scared to touch that thing, and my first few attempts to get things working were utter failures. Thanks to members here on the forum, and special mention of MOBI(what has become of him? Don't see his posts around here much anymore...) who helped me at email level, I was able to get the hang of I2C, and now, I use it for several things.

It's all about getting your head around WHY something is not working, rather then deciding that it WON'T.

Hang in there, buddy, and I look forward to getting the modules - I will email you with results of initial testing, then we can update the forums - with your permission, naturally....
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

banda

Posted: 05:12pm 12 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

HankR: Thanks for your advice about using the print command to test progress in a program. Even though I'm a beginner I should have been able to think of doing that. The coarse method I used of blinking lights is not a patch on the print method. It'll be all go now, .

HankR

Posted: 08:51am 13 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A BASIC syntax error crept in.

PRINT "RECOGNIZED CODE: " + MSG$

should be:

PRINT "RECOGNIZED CODE: ";MSG$

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024