Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:59 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MicroMite II Pinouts

Chris Roper

Posted: 10:24am 28 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As a long time fan of the 28 Pin PIC32 family I tend to have several on the bench at a time, but switching between projects can get confusing as I have them programmed as ChipKIT USB, ChipKIT Serial, MicroMite, MicroMite II, ByPIC and a couple of Custom Bootloaders of my own.

To ease the process I label each chip as I program it and keep a Quick Reference card for each both on the wall and next to the Breadboard I am working on.

I thought other users of the MicroMite II may find my reference card useful so I have attached it here.

EDIT:

It is useful both whilst wiring up the circuit and during the coding of your application. For instance if you needed an analogue Pin that did not conflict with anything else you can see at a glance that pins 2,7,23 and 25 are candidates, or if you needed to communicate via RS232 with a 5 Volt part then Com1: is the best option.

The D and C indications on a blue (Interrupt) background are for easy hookup of the ICSP tool and serve as a warning not to load those pins in your design if you may need to Flash the Chip in the field. The a,b,c icons are there to distinguish the PWM channels and of course the groups with group 1 on the left and 2 on the right.

Pin 16 has an Orange label as it is unique in that it is the wakeup Pin and the IR decoder Pin.

Note that the < and > symbols are relative to the side of the chip. If the Arrow points in it is an Input and Out is an output.

I also picked up an error in the Direction markings of the Console and Com2: pins which I have corrected above. I also removed the watermark as it obscured the image, feel free to copy, use and distribute as you see fit, no rights reserved.

Cheers
ChrisEdited by Chris Roper 2015-05-29
http://caroper.blogspot.com/

panky

Guru

Posted: 12:58pm 28 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Welcome Chris,

It's always good to see Mite fans and users, especially ones that contribute. Looking forward to details of your projects.

panky
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

paceman
Guru

Posted: 06:17pm 28 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum from me too and like Panky says, thanks for the contribution. I'm forever digging back in the Manual to check which pins are which so this will help. We're going to need another one soon for the MX470!

Someone on the forum contributed a 'project sheet' some time ago (2 years?) which at the time I didn't follow up. I should have because I've got a number of projects around now that I haven't documented properly that I'll be scratching my head about in future.

Greg

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024