Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:34 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MMedit feature request - (2)

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 09:30am 02 Jun 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TassyJim:

Would it be possible to save the crunched/filtered basic program? Make an option to output the crunched program not to just the serial port with mm attached, but to a file? If I have a mm attached my program is crunched and fits. If I don't have a mm attached and transfer the program from the file to the mm via SD card the program does not fit.

Would it also be possible that when you type "print" and the program translates the lower case to upper case for the display that it also changes it in the actual file?
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 12:44pm 02 Jun 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CircuitGizmos said   TassyJim:

Would it be possible to save the crunched/filtered basic program? Make an option to output the crunched program not to just the serial port with mm attached, but to a file?

That should be easy enough to do.

CircuitGizmos said  
Would it also be possible that when you type "print" and the program translates the lower case to upper case for the display that it also changes it in the actual file?

Under File/Preferences there is an option to "Save Keywords as..."
If you select anything other than "As is", the keywords are saved in the chosen format every time the file is saved.

The big problem is, it takes a long time to do the conversion on large files so it can slow things down. I stick to "As is" and only select UPPERCASE when really needed.

If it's just for printing hard copy, I can do that, probably just doing UPPERCASE if that is what the user has the display set to.

I don't think I have ever 'printed' anything except to test the program.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 03:47pm 02 Jun 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TassyJim said  
Under File/Preferences there is an option to "Save Keywords as..."
Jim

Thank you Jim! I overlooked that.

Thanks so much for MMedit - it is indispensable.
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024