Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:43 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Reliable RF Module / Grogster Ort Bigmik?

atmega8

Guru

Posted: 10:23am 11 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

some Time ago, somebody referenced a good and reliable RS232 Interfaced RF Module.
I think this was Grogster or Bigmik?

THX

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 11:03am 11 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would recommend RadioMetrix modules every time if you are after reliable quality.

There are many to choose from so really depends on freq before I could recommend a particular part number.

WWEdited by WhiteWizzard 2015-07-12
For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 05:14pm 11 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Might have been the Sunray RF module:

SunrayRF 1022 module

You can get them in different powers up to 500mW - be sure you get the one that won't upset your local authorities.....

They also do a 1E86 module, which is fully programable from power, to frequency and baud-rate etc.

1E86 module

Both these modules are about US$25 each + P&P.

I have had great success with them, and their receive sensitivity is extremely good at -117dB.

Both these modules support TTL up to 5v, RS232 and RS485. With the RS232, they have an on-board level shifter, so you can connect these modules DIRECTLY to a PC serial port if you like, which has proved to be very handy.

Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024