Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:45 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Affordable Microscope for SMD work...

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 05:47pm 17 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I thought I would share this microscope I bought and use for all my SMD work.

AmScope SE305R-AZ-E

This scope has 10x eyepiece lenses and 1x/3x objective lens, and is available in 230v versions.

It cost me US$277 landed here in NZ. DHL courier was expensive due to the weight of the unit, but it is an EXCELLENT unit.

AmScope do literally hundreds of different scopes, and it can be hard to choose one.
Silicon Chip reviewed one a while back, but it was still the best part of a grand to get landed, so I elected for a smaller model, but this one is brilliant, and I am very glad I bought it.

The USB eyepiece camera is not the best, but then, for the price you are paying, that is to be expected. I much prefer to have my eye to the scope for SMD soldering rather then looking at a laptop screen anyway.

Here is a shot of a board at 10x:

...and at 30x by rotating the objective lens:

Both these shots are of the 0.5mm QFP on the MM+ with the scope's built-in lighting.
I just put the lens of my snapshot camera up to the eyepiece!
Edited by Grogster 2015-07-19
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 07:05pm 17 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I agree.
I was surprised when I first looked through mine - It was amazing to see in 3D for a change.
I rarely use anything other than 10X.

Mine is a similar model and I was lucky enough to buy when there was a 'sale' on.
I think mine was described as useful for stamp collectors.

Jim

VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 09:11pm 17 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm stunned at how well it works for the money - very happy.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024