Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:44 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Strange behavior invoking command "edit"

sagt3k

Guru

Posted: 09:48am 21 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello everyone,
I was testing "Micromite firmware V4.7B23" and I realized ... I think this anomaly.
This is my example
after reset:
> Micromite MKII MMBasic Ver 4.7 Beta 23
Copyright 2011-2015 Geoff Graham

> setpin 4,dout
> pin(4)=0
>
now digit "edit" command and after I enter in edit seems I lose the set of setting pin(4), I realized this why I was working with a relay. I think it's abnormal behavior. Why the assumption that I am working in real-time with some automated system and therefore has set a few of pins, I do not expect that after the "edit" this state of my editor reset pins... or no ??
I think it must be, or another setting to prompt to change the pins or the inside "run" command that has the instructions to change the setting of the pins.
Thanks

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 12:33pm 21 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

When you "edit", your program stops running. All pins revert to inputs.
If that causes problems, you might need to put pulldown resistors in your circuit.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 05:07pm 21 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yep, that is normal, as Jim says.

I had that exact same problem in one thing I designed, where you would invoke the editor via a network module which was enabled by a MM pin - as soon as you called the editor, having established a network connection, the network promptly dropped off. (as the enable pin went to an input)

I fixed that one with a latching relay
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 10:28am 22 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The editor needs all the memory it can get so it issues a general MMBasic reset which clears the RAM and resets the program state. This last part is where the state of the I/O pins is reset to non configured. This also happens when a program is run so I did not see it as an issue because the program would be run after an edit anyway.

Geoff
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

sagt3k

Guru

Posted: 10:59am 22 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Geoff, Thanks for your reply
Not knowing how this flow, I thought some abnormality. If defined so I'll set the logic of my hardware so that it can handle the most of the setting along the pins and the interface for my software.
Thanks

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024