Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:32 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM+: Touch Calibration

matherp
Guru

Posted: 04:00am 28 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've got a small issue re calibration of touch on the SSD1963. I'm calibrating with a stylus and accurately pressing and holding on the targets

On the 4.3" display when I use GUI TEST TOUCH, the spot follows the stylus nicely but won't go to the left edge of the screen

On the 5" display the the spot is correct on the left side of the display but progressively moves right of the stylus as I move across the screen. It remains correct up and down.

Has anyone else seen similar issues?

UPDATE

I've had a look at the code and am fairly certain there is a minor error in the commands sent to the touch controller. I've notified Geoff. Changing this will improve the touch resolution, particularly on the 5" and 7" displaysEdited by matherp 2015-07-29

CFLY

Posted: 09:53am 28 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

With ssd1963 5" display and MMBasic V4.7B21, after gui calibrate with "no errors" I have a gap on the right side of the screen ... On the left, it's ok ...

https://youtu.be/zmMXUKCgGuY

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 11:34am 28 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Out of interest what happens if you configure the SSD with the opposite 'orientation' to what you currently are doing? i.e. if you have used L (landscape) then try RL (reverse landscape). Does this switch the 'gap' to the opposite side or does it remain in the same place??

The above is a question of curiosity . . . .

WW
For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

CFLY

Posted: 06:53pm 28 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

With RL ... same result ('gap' on the right side of the screen)

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 08:09pm 28 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

With a ILI9341 display and the MX470 beta23, I seem to get errors when I drag the stylus outside the display area. The dot position is mirrored inside the display area.

If the stylus is 5 pixels outside, the dot is 5 pixels in from the edge.

This was on all edges.

This may be part of the same problem but if not, it isn't a major issue provided it stays close to the edges.

Jim

VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 08:15pm 28 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks folks. I think that Peter has found the issue. Another thing to fix when I get back.

Geoff
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024