Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:31 14 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : RPi Cobbler + E64 + ssd1963

Greg Fordyce

Posted: 05:19am 05 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I found that it is possible to use a RPi GPIO Cobbler Plus V2 breakout board to connect a ssd1963 to a E64 module. This is handy for breadboarding a project. Unfortunately these boards are not pure breakout boards in that they tie both 5v0 and 3v3 pins on the board together. Luckily the GND pins are all separate, at least they are on my board! If you decide to try this check that your ground pins are all separate on your board as well. The board I used is "U" shaped, I have also seen a "T" shaped board but I think that these may have the ground pins tied so they may not work.

General layout and showing it being powered from my laptop usb port.

Closeup of breakout board and E64.

Make sure the cable is connected with the tab facing out as shown. Because the 5v0 and 3v3 pins are tied together if you try and connect it with the cable the other way round you will short 3v3 to ground! This way it doesn't matter about the tied pins becasue they are connected to unused pins on the ssd1963.

MM templates
I have added a spreadsheet showing the connections to my small collection of e64 worksheets. Double check all your connections before connecting power, I will not accept any responsibility for errors damaging your equipment.

Greg

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024