Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:45 14 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Wifi ESP8266 on 4.7??

sagt3k

Guru

Posted: 10:30pm 05 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi to Everybosy

I'm developing a open/free TCP service on Linux or Windows. And I managed to communicate with the famous ESP8266 WIFI module. For the moment my code on Micromite 4.6 is simple and I manage everything with the COM2 at 9600 baud.
I think that with the evolution of IoT however, to have a HW like Micromite would be very interesting, always ready to communicate in TCP <--> with WebServices.
I ask the community and if it makes more sense to create on firmware 4.7 instructions directly to manage:
1)Settings of ESP8266
2)Manage the flow of data to and from the Internet simply.
Geoff what do you think?
Thanks for yours support.

Note on mt TCP service.
Will be free and free, and for now I'm creating the possibility to connect to TCP and send login / pwd, and then create events from the server that will send automatically to our connection, or request date / time etc, or save the data then retrievable via WEB.
It has already prepared a local version of this service through a special application Win32 that manages TCP / server.

Chris Roper

Posted: 10:47pm 05 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is exactly the type of application that the Proposed Driver/Library extension would address.

Your Project could open up the potential for countless applications and is definitely something I would like to see as part of the MicroMite Tool Set.

Cheers
Chris

http://caroper.blogspot.com/

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 10:48pm 05 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am not sure if you already know this.
A lot of work has been done on those chips.
You can find lots of good stuff here:
https://github.com/tuanpmt
For simple IoT projects the ESP is all you need.

Microblocks. Build with logic.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024