Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:30 14 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : INT’s durring numberbox...

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 03:16am 07 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good morning Gent's..

Working on the EIS system "data gathering" module part of the system. Doing the development work with the CGmicroboard2 and a 2.4" display attached. Hang-off's include a LTC2983 multi channel temp measurement IC, a DS18B20 probe to "taste" the outside air temp (OAT), and a DS1862 time meter IC to keep track of engine hours and engine cycles. (hobbs meter) I will also be adding an analog based OIL pressure input, battery voltage input and engine RPM as well... This module will then send out the data using Rs-485 to the data display modules installed in the cockpit of the aircraft. The end user is free to choose what types of displays needed for the cockpit layout on the aircraft. I will be adding a Bluetooth radio (HC-05) to send the data to smart phones or tablet devices if wanted by the end user. With a RTC added to the system and access to the SD card, a logging feature can also be implemented...

I have the temp measurement part running on a timer based interrupt (3sec), which starts the conversion cycle for the CHT, EGT, WATER and OIL temps. When complete, the IC outputs a signal on it's INT pin, triggering another INT to get the output data from inside and checks for any changes in the temp data for each channel. Temp info is then placed into the GUI display-box objects on the display.

The time meter IC, if not "locked down", allows the programmer to change the values stored inside if wanted. This allows the "end user" to enter a starting values for current engine hours and cycles into the EIS system during setup. I am using the GUI number-box object to get the starting values into place...

And, now, (finally), the question...

Should the background INT based processing be shutdown during the number-box entry time when the keypad is up and the end user is entering new values..?

The answer I seem to be getting from testing it here is YES... But, I wanted to check with everyone to make sure before adding the extra code to start and stop the background tasks...

Thanks for any feedback on this..!! Edited by Zonker 2015-09-08

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 04:00am 07 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I assume that we are talking about the MM+ running V4.7 B23

Interrupts should continue to be processed while a GUI NUMBERBOX has its keypad on display (ie, a number is being entered).
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 04:44am 07 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oops.. Sorry Geoff.. Yep, running MM+ v4.7 b23 release on the 470 CGmicroboard 2 hardware.. OK.. Thanks for the conformation... Will continue testing here to make sure things are going correctly... I wanted the INT's to continue background processing during end user data entry in the setups screen... (sweet)...

Thanks for the feedback fine Sir..!

All the hard work being done on your end is really helping to make this project happen..!! I can't wait for the next rev bump and more built in GUI objects..!

Without MMbasic, I would not have considered completing the project as it would have taken way to long... (not to much free time here)... Using MMbasic let's newbie code writing dummies like myself actually get things working..!

A big "tip of the hat" to everyone here on the back shed for helping this along...

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 05:12am 07 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I for one am looking forward to seeing the end result of your hard work, it sounds cool.
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024