Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:35 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : uM2(+): data logging - cheap fast & easy

Page 6 of 6    
CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 10:12am 05 Oct 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said   This one I'm pleased with

Since playing with the ESP8266 I've been interested in exploring how Serial Flash memory chips could be used for secure data logging on the Micromite as an alternative to SDcards or an external device like an Openlog.

Good morning Peter. you are well I trust.

What are the chances of revisitng this and placing the functions int he ARM Mite (and MMX) firmware? These are mega-useful chips confined to the '170 (and 470?) platform.

The ARM Mite definitely is a big controller but has only SDCard support.

just a thought

all the best

h

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 03:17pm 24 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Afternoon all.

Just a note to say there is a code-pack for Reading/Writing Winbond flash memories now in the library here

This is a pure MMBasic solution (no CSubs/CFunctions) so MMX and ArmMite users can now enjoy these fantastic little chips. The code has been tested on 4 and 8MB devices and I will check other chips as they arrive (16MB on order)

enjoy

lizby
Guru

Posted: 03:35pm 24 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for this powerful addition to mmbasic storage options, and thanks for making it work across chip families.

Your work with the library is much appreciated. When I'm looking for a new solution, I've learned to browse the library first if a forum search doesn't satisfy.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 06:31pm 24 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

welcome.

Blame BigMick  

TrevorH

Posted: 05:22pm 13 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

Is there away to access the Flash memory chips on SPI2 on an E100 when the Touch is enabled?

I can access it when Touch not enabled but with Touch enabled SPI2 error is "Not Open".

uncommenting "SPI2 Open 10000000,0,8" error is "SPI2 is in use".  

We can still use SD card with Touch.  

TrevorH

matherp
Guru

Posted: 05:36pm 13 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Is there away to access the Flash memory chips on SPI2 on an E100 when the Touch is enabled?

No sorry - see top of page 11 in the MM+ manual

Page 6 of 6    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024