Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:30 04 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : SSD1963 Display

palcal

Guru

Posted: 12:50pm 30 Apr 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am using a 100 pin chip (SnadPic} with a backboard I designed. The board has provision for both an ILI9341 and SSD1963 display. It works fine with the ILI9341 but when configure the board for the SSD1963 and plug in the display it won't work. If I try to connect to the console I get a message "USB device not recognised". If I unplug the display I can connect to the console OK. I have checked all connections OK.
Any ideas?
Paul.

Edit... I also checked to voltage with the display in and it is OK.Edited by palcal 2016-05-01
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 03:24pm 30 Apr 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I wouldn't mind betting that you are using the USB for power and the display is loading it down too much. A SSD1963 panel can draw up to 0.75A.

I would be helpful if you could provide more info. What power supply? Have you used the correct OPTION command? Does the USB fail before or after the OPTION command? Does the display's backlight come on? Have you specified the LED_A pin in the OPTION command or have you modded your display to use the SSD1963 PWM for backlight control?

Geoff
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

palcal

Guru

Posted: 06:06pm 30 Apr 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Geoff, I checked the supply voltage and it was 3.27V so I thought that was OK. I have since connected to an external supply and all is OK.
Thanks.
Paul.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024