Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:22 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : EPE, november 2016

robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 05:10pm 20 Dec 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi all,
a forum member recently alerted me to EPE magazine reprinting a version of my article about using pic32prog to create a micromite from a blank pic32. while i gave silicon chip magazine permission (back in july) to allow EPE to reprint the article (and was myself paid a small royalty), i had no involvement in or knowledge of the subsequent editing of the article. i read the end result for the first time after 'obtaining' a copy of the magazine last night.

i was disappointed to discover that all references to geoff graham and the micromite had been scrubbed from the text. needless to say, had i been aware this was going to be done, i would have not given permission for the reprinting.

this may have created a 'bitter taste' for some forum members. my sincerest appologies.

cheers,
rob.

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 09:20pm 20 Dec 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rob,

I did read it and noticed some change but it hadn't hit home that this is what they had actually done. However, there is a good reason why . . . in January (February's edition) they will begin the 'MicroMite Story' and if they'd mentioned the MicroMite back in November then it would have meant nothing to the readers. Also there are 'contractual agreements' between EPE and SC that have to be 'obeyed' between them!

There will be the first part of a MicroMite series on sale here from Jan 5th. If anyone wants me to send them a hard-copy of the magazine I am happy to sort out at cost. £4.40 for magazine and shipping as an AirMail large letter about the same price again (but depends on destination). I am not able to send scanned copies due to copyright as hopefully you will appreciate

Great to see Rob's work, and soon Geoff's over here in print

WW
For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024