Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:23 30 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Help needed finding low power screen

f2cf1g

Posted: 07:55am 14 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have been developing a new base station for my thermal detection rig used in free flight competition flying based on Micromite. The current version uses a Loox PDA for the main display but the hardware is getting old and unreliable.

The breadboard version of the new implementation includes the usual cheapo ILI9341 panel but I would like something better in the real thing to deal with two problems: visibility in daylight and backlight power consumption. The Loox display has a transflective screen which is reasonably good daylight without a backlight. My question is, does anyone know of a transflective display which is available with a Micromite-compatible controller, size in the range 2.8 to 4 inches or so? I have done the usual searches without much luck. Any ideas gratefully received.

matherp
Guru

Posted: 08:57am 14 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

monochrome or colour? minimum resolution?Edited by matherp 2017-01-15

f2cf1g

Posted: 09:12am 14 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Colour, 320 x 240.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024