Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:19 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM ANALOG POWER pins & additional serial

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:28pm 21 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

On the 28-pin micromite, can the Analog Power and Analog Ground pins be reconfigured as serial (or digital) pins if analog is not needed?

In the manual, in Appendix A, Serial Communications, it says: "Additional serial ports can be added to the Micromite by using the SerialTx and SerialRx embedded C modules. These are included in the "Embedded C Modules" folder in the Micromite firmware zip file."

Is the means of doing this explained in the referenced firmware zip file or somewhere else?

PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 12:54pm 21 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

lizby said   On the 28-pin micromite, can the Analog Power and Analog Ground pins be reconfigured as serial (or digital) pins if analog is not needed?

No they are power pins and cannot be reconfigured.

Information on how to use the C functions is covered in the Embedded C Modules folder of the firmware ZIP file

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:44pm 21 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi.

Refer to the attached PDF files. They are included as part of the Micromite firmware download ZIP file, but you might not have downloaded that.

Serial transmitter for any I/O pin

Serial receiver for any I/O pin

The instructions are all in the PDF, and you just copy the C-Function text into your program, and when you run it, you will magically have as many serial port pins as you want.

Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024