Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:46 16 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM+ 64-pin Moving PWM2B

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 12:40am 27 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

For various reasons (set out below) in the final version of MMBasic V5.3 I am planning to change the pin used for PWM2B on the 64-pin Micromite Plus from pin 47 to 32. A change like this could impact existing designs so I am floating the idea here so that someone can object if this will affect their project.

A not so short explanation:

When I originally defined the pin numbers for the 64-pin MM+ I put the PWM2B output on the same pin used by the second SPI channel. I don't know why, momentary loss of sanity might be the explanation. Later this SPI channel became important because it is used for touch and the SD card. Most PCBs for the MM+ use these features so I doubt than anyone is actually using PWM2B.

By moving PWM2B to pin 32 that output now becomes available, which is important because the PLAY WAV and PLAY TONE commands in V5.3 both use PWM2B (as well as PWM2A). Without this change the 64-pin MM+ would be unable to use PLAY WAV because the WAV file must be played from an SD card.

The pinouts used by the 100-pin MM+ will not be changed.

Geoff

P.S. Ver 5.3 should be released next week.Edited by Geoffg 2017-01-28
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

mikeb

Posted: 10:53am 27 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@ Geoff.
I think you are the most sane man I have come across. S#$t happens.
For the added benefits I think re-assigning the pin is a 'no brainer'.
Thankyou to you, Peter M, and all the rest for your work in helping us achieve great things.
Regards, Mike B.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 03:20pm 27 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gets my thumbs up.
I am working on a new board for something now, so that works for me, and is great timing, cos I can design that change in now.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

panky

Guru

Posted: 07:11pm 27 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Geoff,

Does this have any impact on Peter's MM plus board or Circuit Gizmo's Microboard, both of which have an Arduino pinout where pin 32 is used as D6?

Would D6 (pin 32) still be useable as a Digital out? Not important, just curious.

Thanks,
Doug.

PS. Fantastic job with 5.3 - all the new features make my head hurt just thinking about how I might use them Edited by panky 2017-01-29
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024