Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:51 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : GUI controls

Page 2 of 2    
palcal

Guru

Posted: 08:37pm 06 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I only read the first line of Disco4now's post and it dawned on me. I have a GOTO in my Interrupt Sub. I try not to use GOTO but it was the easiest way to do it.
I will rewrite that and see how it goes.
Thanks for your help you have gone to a lot of trouble.
Paul.Edited by palcal 2017-02-08
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:40pm 06 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Opps!!!

A GOTO inside a GUI interrupt would be a really big no-no.

Keep at it - the GUI controls are amazing, once you get used to using the interrupts.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

palcal

Guru

Posted: 11:15pm 07 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK seem to be almost there, but after the program has run through once, if I GoTo START to run the program again I get the old error - GUI reference number #n is in use- I have tried evrything to reset the GUI controls to their original state and nothing seems to work. The control in question is GUI Displaybox that displays the opening screen with two Gui Buttons. As soon as one of the Buttons is touched the screen is cleared and is not used again. The last screen has a GUI button "HOME" that returns to the START and the error occurs when the opening screen tries to display again.
Paul.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:05am 08 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Are you able to post your code?
Something must be causing this.

If you don't want to do that, PM me, and we can email in order to keep your code private.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

palcal

Guru

Posted: 11:28am 08 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Grogster, I have been coding a long time and whilst probably still only a novice have never had problems like this. Last night I remembered that while testing the code as I went, this problem did not occur. I now have another problem that when I press a certain button it does what another button should do. Then intermittently text fails to display, and then The CTRLVAL command is throwing an error. Although the syntax is correct I get an error 'EXPECTED A NUMBER'.
I am beginning to think I have a problem with the chip. I am using one of Matherp's Backpack 64 boards I built up, and whilst I tested it with a display and an RTC when I built it that is not to say it does not have a problem. I have a SnadPic here I will flash with the latest Ver. and see what happens, and then load Geoff's Boat Computer into this chip and see if it behaves OK.
Paul.

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024