Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:40 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : matherp 6 instrument display

oldtimer

Posted: 03:32pm 27 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi there all - my first post so please forgive if my questions are repetitive-was very impressed with program written by Matherp showing the 6 instruments rotating their needles back and forth -they look great on a ILI 9341 display- has anyone out there written modifications to the program to allow inputs from sensors to move the needles to display something - I can see the DS18B20 temp being a candidate for the OAT sensor but I have zero programming skills to change the code and allow this to happen- would appreciate any ideas

lew247

Guru

Posted: 12:39am 28 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Have a look

Gerry has added that functionality to my weather station (it's not complete yet) but it will show you how he has done it

His lastest code is HERE (details about it are on the page before)

oldtimer

Posted: 04:13pm 01 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

lew47 - many thanks for your answer to my question - ive been following your posts for a while on the forum and you seem to have solved most of the problems ive been having relating to the 28 pin and later the explore 100 micromites - first of all I should explain that i have no programming skills at all beyond the flashing LED and writing in option lcd - etc -at the command prompt- ive downloaded matherps code to get the 6 instrument cluster displaying on both the micromite 28 pin setup and the explore 100 setup- ive even managed to change the color of the needles , expand and retract the outside bezel and insert small division marks around the outside of the scales - so maybe a small step forward my question - and you appear to have already solved it - is - can you tell me how to apply the output of a DS18B20 - temp sensor - to one of the input pins so as to make the OAT gauge respond to its sensing of temp - I was also going to try and find sensors to make the voltmeter and ammeter respond to sensors - I see that microbus sell plug in boards that may do the job - but im a bit overwhelmed just with the temp problem at present-
on another subject - which you seem to have solved also - you seem to have managed to get the big ben clock running - ive downloaded the code file for that but have only managed to get the bitmap display of the clock face without any hands attached on the screen for a few seconds after which a bunch of meaningless horizontal lines appear and the message - read buffer is - 110% full - I should mention that I have the bigben.bmp file on an sd card in the 5 inch display- an interesting aside is that when I try to load the bigben.bmp file using the -
LOAD IMAGE BIGBEN.BMP$-command I get an error message - BIGBEN.BMP not declared- was wondering if you had struck that problem during your time with particular program

hoping you may be able to assist me with this set of problems -

regards

panky

Guru

Posted: 04:22pm 01 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@oldtimer

re your bigben.bmp issue, the syntax would be
LOAD IMAGE "bigben.bmp"
or
DEF bigben$ = "bigben.bmp"
LOAD IMAGE bigben$

In the manuals, where there is a reference to a string to be used as an argument, you should either enclose the actual text string in quotes ( as per example one) or declare the string somewhere else then reference it by name (example two).

cheers,
panky
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

oldtimer

Posted: 04:46pm 01 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

panky - a couple of exclamation marks and there is a pic of bigben on the screen - many thanks -1 small step forward !!!!!!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024