Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:43 16 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MMEdit saving - when done....

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 02:17pm 30 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all.

When you save code you are writing in MMEdit, is there any way to STOP MMEdit from automatically homing the cursor to line 1 when it does this?

While it is not THAT much of a problem to scroll down to where you were before, when your code is 1000+ lines, it is a pain in the bum to have to do that every time you save the update.

I had a look in settings/preferences, but could not see anything to let me do that.

Jim?
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 03:16pm 30 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gee, you want everything...
Here's one I prepared earlier..
2017-01-31_010854_MMedit.zip

The resetting the cursor was annoying me too so I fixed it last week.
'save' and 'format' now remember the cursor line (but not the position on the line).
The line might end up in a different position on the screen but it should be visible.
There might be a few other places where it resets and I will fix that too when I discover them.
Retaining the cursor line when you do a 'crunch' is a bit trickier but it is something I will have a play with.

The other changes are a couple of new macro commands to insert the current date and time into the macro string.
I have also improved the VT colour handling.

I will put out a proper update once V5.3 is finalised and I have done the syntax files.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 04:15pm 30 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry if I am being a pain. NOT criticizing your efforts, it was just a question.

Thanks though.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 05:24pm 30 Jan 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said   Sorry if I am being a pain. NOT criticizing your efforts, it was just a question.

Not a pain at all.
I really did do the changes a week ago.
Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024