Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:58 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Micromite RESET after retun from SLEEP

panky

Guru

Posted: 12:07am 09 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@evbo

A summary of your problem -

Hi I am a newby playing with explorer 64 upgraded to v 5.03
I too found V5.2 sleep mode consuming around 4 Milli amp and jumping to around 30 milli amp
In v5.03 this has now dropped to about 300 micro amp. I also have a RTC module
but have connected vdd, data and clock to a cd4066 latch. Reducing the current to
zero from the rtc when in sleep mode. The only problem I have with sleep is that every time
sleep is finished or is receiving an interrupt mmbasic restarts like a reset.
Not sure what is going on here. Any ideas please.
Reg evbo

and

panky wrote:
@evbo

Does SLEEP functionality work OK without the 4066 setup? Sounds like you might be getting some sort of drop or pulse on the 3.3 line to the mite when the 4066 brings the RTC back on line causing the reset. Can you monitor the power to the mite with a CRO?

Doug.

Taken 4066 off and just have a bare bones exp 64. Sleep still resets. Also reflashed chip.
Put a different exp 64 and also tried a exp 100 both work fine with sleep
Must be something else. Have ordered another exp 64 if that works ok then it has to be something on this exp64. Power looks fine on the scope. At least I have 2 good
mmite-plus units. Will keep posted If I find something. Thanks

@evbo

You should also check the main Vcap - low series resistance is essential

Doug.

... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024