Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:59 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Getting MicroMitey

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 04:21am 22 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just ordered the MM+ Explore 100 and now I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas.

I see plenty of 7" SSD1963 displays for sale, does anyone have a preferred source (UK)?

Also, I can't seem to locate a professional-looking bezel for these screens. Anyone know of a source, please?

Not sure if I will actually use the display for this project as I normally use a "ruggedized" tablet, connected via BT for my HMI.

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 06:29am 22 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Tinine

Luckily for you the postman has just been with my latest MicroChip delivery (from Thailand). Inside are some faster 100pin PICs. So I will solder one up onto a brand new E100 for you and ship tomorrow for delivery Friday.

It will be worth the day extra wait

Not found a good/reliable source for SSDs in UK. And my last Chinese purchase managed to not only despatch 4weeks after order (even though they confirmed despatch the day after I ordered), they just put two SSD TFTs in a 'polythene envelope' with ZERO protection. One smashed to bits, the other scratched by all the glass!. Not to mention all pins were bent! So reluctant to recommend whereto order this kind of thing from

Bezel is something I have done with a vinyl cutter and thin sheets of HIPS (thin plastic). Also used laser cutter to cut layers of acrylic. But that said, I do not supply these as too expensive and time consuming.

A 4.3" case is work in progress AFTER I have finished all MicroMite eXtreme testing & despatches.

If you have access to a CNC, then this would give a great finish. If not, then take a look at photo frames! Some are made from thin metal which could look nice if spray painted and lacquered.

I will look into cases & bezels in the future . . .

WW
For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 06:56am 22 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh great News!!!

When I read "back-ordered", I was thinking it might be weeks.

I can do a lot more with the tablet so I just ordered a BT Click module.

I normally use B4A (Basic4Android) but I think I might try RFO Basic for this project. It's a bit slow but I can edit the code directly on the Android tablet.

Many thanks for such a rapid turnaround

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024