Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:09 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Mmedit problems

plasma
Guru

Posted: 10:29am 22 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

After a long delay , i startet programming in mmbasic again.
this time i think using mmedit is clever but i run into some curious problems.

1. if you changed the delay for line and char in the portsettings you cant never go back to other settings.
even with deleting the portlist.

2. i have an 44 pin micromite with an 150 chip , mmbasic cant upload the source without errors .
4.5 e is installed because it is an 150' chip

3. i found a sourcecode from matherp with a long codeline .
its longer as 80 chars but this cant be imho ...

link:
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7420&KW=ws2812

i mean the line Const p40$ in the ws2812 funktion.Edited by plasma 2017-02-23

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 12:05pm 22 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you want to reset all MMEdit options, delete the files mmedit.inf and MRU.inf from the data folder. The data folder location can be found from Help/About. Save copies for me first.
I would prefer to find out what went wrong first. Can you post a copy of the 'configuration report" Help/Configuration report.

In preferences, do you have "Save config in BAS" selected?

Rather than using "Load and Run", you can open the chat window and use "load". This method uses AUTOSAVE instead of XMODEM to load the file.
Rather than relying on autodetect to determine what device is connected, you can select Micromite. This sometimes gives a more reliable connection.

Line lengths longer than 80 characters are OK provided you don't intend to use the micromite inbuilt editor.
The variable usage report does list long lines, and I try to remember to keep them short if I am posting the code here but they don't cause problems.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024