Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:34 11 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : mm Decoding 433Mhz Transmissions

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 03:06pm 28 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all, I've been following the discussions on HC-12, ESP8266, DISCO4NOW's project and of course Lew's awesome weather station. I am trying to build a graphical display (LCD Backpack) of outdoor/indoor temperatures plus barometric pressure (BM180) and want to avoid running wiring for DS18B20s around the house. I've lashed out and ordered:

http://www.banggood.com/TS-FT004-B-Digtal-Ambient-Weather-Wireless-Thermometer-Indoor-Outdoor-Temperature-Tester-p-11126 50.html?rmmds=search

(and some DS18B20s to play with).

Given the above unit operates on 433Mhz what is the probability of being able to capture and decode its transmission so I can include it's data in my project - which 433Mhz receiver should I be looking at?

Cheers, Andrew

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 06:53pm 28 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You could probably use the receivers that came with Disco4now's ARLEC remote controller

http://www.banggood.com/5Pcs-433Mhz-RF-Transmitter-With-Receiver-Kit-For-Arduino-MCU-Wireless-p-951033.html

You will need some sort of signal analyser to try and work out the encoding used. How easy it is to crack is anyone's guess.

If you get that far, you can then determine if the micromites can read it fast enough.

It would be easier to make an outdoor unit with a micromite and then you can be sure that the transmission can be read.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 08:40pm 28 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think these 433 MHz TxRx are all fairly dumb, they just splurge out carrier frequency or none and that is your data stream.

As Jim said, try getting a cheapy RX module (from ebay or somewhere) and then scoping the output.

Roman Black has done some great work with these - have a look at his pages - it might give you some ideas.

http://www.romanblack.com/RF/cheapRFmodules.htm

let us know how you get on

RonnS

Posted: 11:16am 01 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hello,

the guys from pilight org have done it, they have cracked a lot of logs and can now control them with the "raspi" among other things also weather stations and dimmers and so on. I think a pic-chip can do it too and a micromite could do it with the help of C-functions ( or a special Basic Command(s)...)

some news from my own test field : My first distance test reached 15 meters through 4 stone walls with the "smartwares" parts and my first code. Transmitter Voltage : about 9V
So I can control all the radiator valves in my house

RonEdited by RonnS 2017-03-02

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 12:51pm 01 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

These is a bit of the review on the available receivers here.

receiver test result from plight

It seems the ones I have only have a short receive distance. I only use it for decoding on the desk so have not really noticed. The Xmit range seems OK for the ones I have.

Gerry
Latest F4 Latest H7

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 11:38am 15 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,
many thanks for your replies (and apologies for not thanking you sooner). I don’t have any signal analysis tools so a direct break-in will have to wait. I note Jim’s suggestion (its along the lines of Lew’s weather station) and I’ve looked at the recommended reading and will keep an eye out for chat on here. Thanks again, Andrew

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024