Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:17 10 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Question about porting Arduino code

Emady

Posted: 12:13am 19 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good morning everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully ported Arduino library code to the micronutrients. I am looking at the si5351 library and want to use that with the mm but do not know where to start. Any suggestions/advice on how to tackle this please?

The library in question can be found here:

https://github.com/etherkit/Si5351Arduino?files=1

Thanks,
Elia, M0ZHNEdited by Emady 2017-03-20

panky

Guru

Posted: 03:51pm 19 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Elia,

My approach (assuming you have a Micromite and a 5351 to experiment with) would be to try and talk directly to the 5351 via I2C from the mite.

You will need AN619 from the Si site to show you all the registers and their settings - it is a powerfull yet complex beast so I would start by trying to read the status register (R0 I think from the doco) then develop from that. The I2C examples in the back of the mite manual will give you an idea of how to talk to an I2C device.

I had a look through the Arduino code but as I am not at all proficient in C, I can't offer any advice here.

Cheers,
Doug.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 04:17pm 19 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was tempted and ordered a module to play with.
This website appears to have some useful information for me to read while I am waiting for the module to arrive.
https://www.qrp-labs.com/synth/si5351ademo.html

How you layout the controlling software will depend a lot on how the device is going to be used.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Emady

Posted: 07:51am 20 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Doug, Jim,

Thank you so much for your responses. The QRP-Labs website has very good information including a link to AN619 plus some examples. I will get started on trying to get the Si5351 talking to the MM and hopefully will get somewhere 😁

Elia, M0ZHN

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024