Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:06 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Programming MZ2048EFH100

palcal

Guru

Posted: 12:42pm 23 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am trying to program the firmware into the above chip, in MPLAB V3.00 I am getting a red circle after device name. I have not done this particular chip before but have done many other MX and MZ chips with no trouble. I am using Matherp's 100 pin navigation PCB from WW and a PicKit3.
Any one know what the red circle means, it's obviously a warning of some kind.
Paul.Edited by palcal 2017-05-25
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

palcal

Guru

Posted: 11:05pm 23 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK I worked it out. Although the chip appears in the dropdown box, it seems it is not supported. I have MPLAB V3.55 on another machine so I tried that and it worked OK.
Paul.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 07:05am 24 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry Paul. Only just seen this post.

I had the same problem when i re-installed my pickit 3 with the latests version - all the xxCxxx versions of the PICs (i.e. 16C84) had the same thing - and I couldn't find out what it meant from searching either.

Different for me as I didn't have many C-type PICs left and I just sold them cheap as a lump on ebay.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024