Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:06 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MMBasic Programmer Wanted

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 10:18pm 23 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I received this email recently.

Is there anyone out there who is proficient in MMBasic programming and wants to make some pin money?

If so, please contact Mark.

Quote  The project hardware is based around a 2.8” LCD driven by a 64 pin PIC32MX470. There is a Count input as well as a small number of digital and analog inputs, but essentially the job involves programming a selection table with lots of user options. Without giving too much away, it is a giant lookup table with a host of content specific screens.

Ideally, the programming consultant will have a good flair for screen fonts, colours, and layout of selection boxes, buttons, and navigation arrows. Some embedded bit maps are needed. The processor has not been chosen for its speed, rather the important factors were USB input, plenty of RAM, and a single chip solution. The project has no serious timing imperatives so MMBasic is preferred over C because of simplicity of the inbuild GUIs. Plus I’m totally illiterate in C, but I can manage baby-talk Basic. No variation of the MMBasic 5.03 code is envisaged, though eventually a single hex file will be needed for production loading. Although specific hardware is under development, the vast majority of the functionality can be run on a standard Micromite Plus 64, or Micromite 100.

The project has some commercial sensitivity, so a Non-Disclosure Agreement will be necessary before the Functional Spec is shared.

If you can enquire, or recommend someone, I would be most grateful. Feel free to post the above brief ‘brief’ if necessary.

I can be contacted on email at mark.hallinan@criticalconcepts.com.au or by phone on 0408 259 799 (preferably in the mornings only).

Thanks for your interest and assistance.
Regards
Mark
Brisbane

Geoff
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 02:18pm 24 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nice...!

Thanks for the info fine Sir...

Edit: - Humm.. E-mail sent but was not delivered...Edited by Zonker 2017-05-26

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024