Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:08 06 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : HC-11 & 12 configs.

Phil23
Guru

Posted: 10:46am 22 Jun 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is anyone really switched on about configuring these.

I'm using them for bridges(HC-12's), with no issues &
am aware of Rob's utilities.

BUT, I'd like to get the data from my power usage monitor.

Bit like in this article on Freetronics.

I have that same device.

It seems that HC-11's support ASK modulation, which HC-12's don't & it seems to be ASK that the Centimeter also uses.

The data sheet says the modulation is set in a register, but I'm pretty lost from there on in.

Anyone here ever looked in depth at the data sheet for the TI CC1101 transceiver chip that the HC-11 uses?

robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 05:17pm 22 Jun 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

the inner workings of both the HC-11 and HC-12 are kept completely hidden from the end user. to talk to your power usage monitor you will need to get a matching receiver (it may or may not be the TI CC1101) and talk to it directly with the micromite. this will be no easy task!

btw, the HC-11 and HC-12 modules can not be operated together, they use completely different transceiver chips. gneral consensus seems to be that the HC-11 has various problems, while the HC-12 is trouble-free. i've never used an HC-11, but just wrote the configuration utility for it using the datasheet in response to several requests.

what sort of power usage monitor are you using? you can get very cheap ones on ebay that output serial data on a couple of pins, but the cheap ones do contain some quite dangerous design flaws that need to be taken account of!

cheers,
rob :-)

Phil23
Guru

Posted: 09:17pm 22 Jun 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

robert.rozee said  
what sort of power usage monitor are you using?

The meter I want to monitor is a Clipsal CentaMeter.

See the link in my original post.

That is the exact unit I've had sitting in the Dining room for more than 10 years.
It has a current clamp on the main feed in the meter box.

Cheers

Phil.

PS.

Yes aware of the HC-11/12 incompatibility.

It's the direct access to the transceiver I was interested in, but way out of my depth. Presume the MCU take care of all that on these modules.Edited by Phil23 2017-06-24

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024